Saturday, February 10, 2018

Paint

We began painting the Bevins Skiffs yesterday. In just an hour of painting time, we had the outside of each boat primed for the color coat. The students managed to avoid spilling paint, and also avoided getting it on their clothes. I had instructed them to work from the middle of the boat outwards.

On Monday when we prime the insides of the boats, we will follow the same strategy. I am thankful to have use of the ESSA woodworking shop for this project, as the outside temperatures have been too low for paint.

My fourth, fifth and sixth grade students used their wood shop time yesterday to make light sabers.

In my own shop I have returned to building small five drawer maple jewelry chests of a design featured in my first book.

Make, fix and create...


No comments:

Post a Comment