Wednesday, December 20, 2017

yesterday today and timorrow...

Yesterday I inlaid 30 box lids, and milled many dozens of parts.

Before I became distracted by writing and teaching, making boxes and making custom furniture was my full time life. And so during Christmas break from the Clear Spring School I am temporarily back to my old ways. To work on a cold day in a warm shop, doing things that are deeply ingrained by practice in my mind and hands is a deeply satisfying process.

Who would think of work as vacation from the cares of the world? The craftsman.

I delivered sixteen inlaid lids to a friend for laser engraving, and when that's done, I'll assemble those lids into boxes for the Chancellor at the University of Arkansas to give as gifts to special guests. The rest of the boxes will be added to my inventory to be sold when orders come in.

BarnesandNoble.com has my new book The Box Maker's Guitar Book available for delivery by Dec. 22: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-box-makers-guitar-book-doug-stowe/1126911074

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment