Sunday, June 04, 2017

almost ready for class...

Yesterday I went out to ESSA to make a few last minute adjustments before our opening of the new wood studio this afternoon. With students and classes, it may never be quite so new, shiny and clean ever again.

I still have some work to do setting up the dust collectors, and more tools will be added, including many of the hand tools necessary for an effective learning environment.

Our new wood studio is a lovely building with lots of natural light, as you can see.

In any case, I know that you and our many guests will find the new building amazing. I was concerned at one point that I'd not planned enough space for equipment, and students to share the same space. But I'm very pleased with how it has turned out.

On Monday I begin ordering more tools and supplies for the ESSA wood studio, and will begin preparing for my classes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking.

As I begin to pack boxes with tools and supplies. I get excited about it, for when people learn such good things, making beautiful and useful objects, new friends are made for life. The objects, carried home, will also delight and students having been engaged in learning through their hands, have a broader view of life, as well.

Today's opening reception for the new studio and the incredible edible art competition is from 3-6 PM.

Make, fix, create and delight others by helping them to learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment