Monday, June 12, 2017

a long day...

I've finished my first day of teaching at Marc Adams School of Woodworking. I gave demonstrations in cutting mitered corners, fitting floating panel lids, gave personal box making advice to a number of students and covered the basic principles and elements of design. Tomorrow I'll teach how to cut finger joints. The students have all been planing wood, resawing on the bandsaw and a few of them have already cut mitered corners. There are so many aspects to consider.

My class is a bit unusual in that the object is not for all of us to make the same box, but for each of us to make boxes that fulfill our own creative inclinations. This approach leads to some head scratching, but also leads to more effective learning.

I was too busy to take photos, but will try tomorrow. Come back to see more.

Make, fix, create, and assist others in learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment