Saturday, April 02, 2016

congratulations to another living treasure

Eleanor Lux and I have been friends for nearly 40 years, and I was involved three times in nominating her as an Arkansas Living Treasure. The third time has been the charm and she's the third Arkansas Living Treasure to come from my home town of Eureka Springs. The award is given to those who maintain a high standard in their particular craft and serve in a significant way to educate others. One member is added to this exclusive club each year. My home state of Arkansas is the only state to my knowledge that honors craftsmen in this manner.

Eleanor and I are two of the founders of the Eureka Springs School of the Arts, and I am particularly pleased that the Department of Arkansas Humanities and the Arkansas Arts Council has chosen her as the Arkansas Living Treasure of 2016.

You can read about her on the Arkansas Arts Council website here.

I spent most of the day yesterday working through edits on my puzzle box chapter and writing captions only to remember that I'd done them before and had submitted captions for the same photos in November  while my primary editor had been out on maternity leave. In any case, having two sets of captions will allow my editor to assemble the best to serve the readers of this new book which is scheduled for release in December 2016.

I am also cleaning shop to prepare for next projects.

Make, fix, create, and extend to others the opportunity to learn likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment