Friday, March 18, 2016

in portland and prepping for class.

I have fond memories of Portland, Oregon, having come here a half century ago to visit my Grandfather. It's grown. It would be difficult to find that old place in the midst of interstate highways, tangled as they are now. The highways are flooded with traffic that streams along for a few moments and then comes to a screeching halt. This is a bit different from my part of Arkansas. On the plane, a man in the seat across the isle and in the next row was searching through beautiful homes and settings in a real estate catalog, and you can be sure that few were as beautiful as what I left to come here.

As tangled as the highways are here, my mind is in a similar state, as I face 7 days of classes, finding my way in a new time zone, over unfamiliar highways and becoming familiar with a new shop. You can imagine that I might be nervous about all this. Is that not the way we grow. Is that not the way we encourage growth in others?

Make, fix, create, and extend to others the love of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment