Friday, March 25, 2016

homeward bound

I am at the Portland airport poised for my journey home following just over a week with the Guild of Oregon Woodworkers. I was nervous about getting things covered today due to the ambitious nature of the box we were making. But I believe we reached our limit, and with most of the work that remained being what the students could accomplish on their own.

I am sitting and relaxing without something to plan next for the first time in over a week.

In the meantime, I've been completely through the Dueling program for learning Swedish, and will do so again and again for a few more weeks before I transition to learning Norwegian. I've been at it for 120 days straight, but realize that "learning" Swedish is actually quite different from speaking it and hearing it with clear understanding.

One thing that has become clear in watching children and adults learn is how the various parts of the brain are applied at different stages. So as I reflect a bit on the subject, I hope my readers will do the same, considering learning in their own hands and in their own lives.

Make, fix, create, and extend to others the love of learning likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment