Sunday, August 16, 2015

catching up...

veneered panels for boxes
Teaching this summer has left me with a whole lot of catching up to do. My week long class at ESSA left me with veneered panels ready to affix to new boxes. My classes at Marc Adams School left me with boxes ready to finish. I have 4 chapters returned to me by my editor for review. I have orders for boxes that must be made, and I am in the middle of making the bases for Arkansas Governor's Awards for Quality as I usually do this time of year. I have a stack of correspondence to attend to, and I am preparing to begin a new year at the Clear Spring School.

Fortunately, things do get easier if you attend to them with some discipline, and I will be trying to apply myself to whittle things off my list.

You may note that the word "whittle" is carefully applied.  The word whittle means to take thin shavings with a knife. Readers will possibly enjoy a conversation about kid's use of knives here. Comments by parents weigh in on both sides of the issue.

The new keyed miter sled made for my class will help in the making of boxes, and as I keep teaching and learning I get better and faster at my work.

My friend Jerry has a signature on his email that reads, "If you want to be a better woodworker, do more of it."
New keyed miter sled

Make, fix, create, and encourage others to do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment