Friday, June 20, 2014

In a nutshell...

Today my wife and I traveled from Bergen to Oslo and spent the day on the tour, "Norway in a Nutshell." Ideally, visitors would take two days for that journey, but we wanted to get to Oslo and visit museums for our last few days out of the US. The image above is the largest waterfall along the train excursion up from Flåm.

I may have more to say about our visit to Norway in the days, weeks and months to come.

In a nutshell, Norway is expensive. But it is also beautiful and culturally rich. I have been a bit disappointed that I don't find more tiner (cheese boxes) for sale. It seems as though small industries could cover the interesting and culturally significant objects which were once produced in every small Norwegian village. One of the only tiner I've seen here so far was at Kjerringøy, north of Bodø and as shown below.

Make, fix and  create...

No comments:

Post a Comment