Friday, May 16, 2014

weekend with wood, day one...

Today I'm in Des Moines, Iowa and had three classes at Meridith Publishing Headquarters. The event "Weekend with Wood," is sold out with a wait list. It is a unique event in that classes are held at their expansive headquarters rather than in a convention hall, so when I build sleds for box making, they will fit the saws that the staff uses when they do photography for their own articles. My kid's work bench and a display of my boxes are set up in studio A where they do filming.

My first class was woodworking with kids, and then in the afternoon, I had a class on designing boxes, and another one called "box making 101." Other noted woodworking teachers, including Marc Adams from Marc Adams School of Woodworking will be offering other classes on a variety of subjects related to woodworking.

In the meantime, my work is also set up for sale tonight at the Lux Weaving Studio in Eureka Springs. The White St. Art Walk is tonight.

It was a great day. The photo above is of my box making 101 students. A full class.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment