Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday in the wood shop...

I am working on my usual spring production of small boxes, getting a rather late start. Three and 4 days ago I made inlay. On Tuesday I began setting the inlay into box lids. Today, I'll spend some time gluing inlay in place, and begin inlaying lids for smaller boxes. There is an order in things that brings a level of psychological comfort that can prepare one for other things.

We will have a community wide meeting tonight at the city auditorium to mobilize citizenry against the Swepco line expansion, and the theft of our properties.

On the other hand, it is such a pleasure to work in a small wood shop on a rainy day in Arkansas, and while I might have made an OK lawyer if I had pursued that path, there is great satisfaction in working with my hands as well as my mind. There are those who distinguish between cognitive and non-cognitive skills. In other words, there are fools in positions of power and authority who would blindly destroy what others hold dear.

Make, fix and create...

No comments:

Post a Comment