Thursday, May 17, 2012

Classes of note...

There are many classes this summer at the Eureka Springs School of the Arts that are worth my readers' interest and attention. I will mention two that will take place in my Clear Spring School wood shop. Paul Pitt will be teaching how to make American Indian cedar flutes, June 4-8. Paul, whose American Indian name is Coyote, is an accomplished arts professor whose true passion is making cedar flutes. The last time he was at ESSA, two real foxes came to visit his class, so you know that nearly magical things can happen when students gather to engage in woodworking and enhance the wisdom of their hands.

Another woodworking class will be Steven Palmer's class in furniture design, also held in the Clear Spring School wood shop, June 25-29. Steve's class will be making tables, and one of Steve's own fabulous designs is shown below.
My own ESSA class on building small cabinets is already full, and it appears that my only summer class that still has openings at this time is at the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship, June 18-29. Even there, enrollment is limited to 12 students. I would love to see you there.

Today I set up my display of boxes, books and small furniture at the Lux Weaving Studio in Eureka Springs. Tomorrow, my high school seniors will finish their boxes in time for graduation next week, and in the evening I will be selling my work at the White Street Walk, which is one of my favorite events of our May Fine Arts Month. One of the many boxes I will have for sale is like the one shown below:

Make, fix and create...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:13 AM

    Last fall's class just whetted my appetite. Time to save up and plan on a class during 2013.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete