Friday, September 23, 2011

Lev Vygotsky

Today I've flown to Pittsburgh, PA to visit my 93 year old Aunt Wuzzie who is ailing. I am here with cousins and enjoying a bit of reunion. We have been talking about family history, and particularly my great grandfather's diary from the Civil War, which was given to a University. We are hoping to get a copy to read. I am naturally fascinated by the subject of narrative, and you and I know that our human story is not just told in words, but also in the artefacts, things we have made and in the tools through which they were made. Since I don't have a great deal of energy to write tonight, I will refer you to an earlier post on Lev Vygotsky, Russian Psychologist who helped us to frame our understanding of human intelligence and narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment