Monday, March 30, 2009

tomorrow in the woodshop

Today I have been finishing a coffee table with rocks as shown in the photo above, and getting ready for tomorrow's classes. The first and second grade students will be making wooden kangaroos for their study of Australia, and the 3rd and 4th grade students will be finishing pinwheels to give to students in our pre-school. I have a lot of work to do in the morning, as I still don't know how to make a kangaroo. Wish me luck.

The walnut table as you can see from the snap-shot in my crowded finish room has a contemporary white oak base, dyed black. It should harmonize with the colors of the natural stones inlaid in the top and the lead bullet inlaid by a hunter's blast in the edge. If you look closely you can see it a few inches up on the right edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment