Friday, March 06, 2009

Introduction to a new blog and website


Anyone who has been alive for sometime, knows that things don't always go as we plan... particularly when we are doing new things. So today I am cutting new dovetails on the Crystal Bridges bench. This is the first time I have used this technique and I've never cut dovetails so large before, so there are some things I am learning.

I have also set up a new blog and website dedicated to introductory and intermediate box making. Please feel free to visit BoxMaking101.com and explore.

It is a work in progress and will show signs of improvement over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Interesting addition. Are you sure you have the time and energy to do both blogs? On top of all the other things you do, that is.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mario, I get all kinds of questions from box makers, sometimes the same ones over again. It may take less time to compile the q&a in a blog than to keep up the private conversations. And maybe I can get a few clubs interested in classes, or get a few individuals interested in private lessons. I may also have some on-line classes, distance learning.

    We have almost finished clearing the brush from the ice storm. I posted some photos you will recognize on boxmaking101.com

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:15 AM

    Ah, nostalgia. At any rate, you're right that one central place for Q&A might work best.

    Mario

    ReplyDelete