Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today the flags of Finland are flying at half staff in mourning for the deaths in the school shootings in a technical university northwest of Helsinki.

The conference went on as scheduled, but with a somewhat increased sense of urgency. We all know that the engagement of the hands are part of the important key in developing a more humane and caring culture for our young.

My head is swollen larger than normal size for all that I have listened to and taken in in presentations, and conversations between. I find that I know many people here from the earlier conference in UmeƄ, May 2006 and we have a tendency to take up right where we left off.




The photos above and at left are Helsinki in the morning and evening. If I were to live in this place you might find me at the water's edge or walking amidst wooden boats at least some time in each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment