Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tom Iovino's blog, Tom's Workbench is a great place for further reflection on what we do as woodworkers. He offers tips on techniques, links to explore and personal observations drawn from his own adventures in making things from wood. Like some of the rest of us, Tom is obsessed. But, fun, and obsessed in a good way, with woodworking and all things wood. Today, he posted an article about me based on an email interview. But don't just read about me. Go deeper in the blog. I loved Tom's article about the future and what it was supposed to be when viewed from the fanciful vantage point of the 1950's Popular Science. I am so glad that some of those predictions were dead wrong.

Check out Tom's Workbench for more good reading and woodworking adventure.

In the spirit of predicting the future, today the Clear Spring School 5th and 6th grade students will continue making sloyd models.

1 comment:

  1. Doug -

    I just wanted to drop you a note to say what a pleasure it was to work with you on the article on my blog.

    I have to confess, I was thrilled when you agreed to be interviewed. Thanks for working with me. Your books and articles have really inspired me to try new things in my woodworking.

    Tom
    http://tomsworkbench.com

    ReplyDelete