Thursday, November 01, 2007

Today at Clear Spring School we had our annual Harvest Party. It is a Clear Spring School tradition going back over 20 years and was started as a way to have a Halloween costume party without being over-run with witches, vampires and power ranger costumes, all unrelated to a more meaningful curriculum. The children take part in creating activities for each other, and the wood shop participated this year in the wild-west-pioneer theme by having a wagon making shop where the children could make their own wagons. It was fun, but unfortunately I didn't get any photos to share. I had to miss the first part of the Harvest party this year due to a telephone meeting with my editor from Taunton Press. My thanks to senior Travis Raines for helping the little ones in my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment